Just about every year, Bollywood churns out a large number of supposedly ‘laugh-out-loud’ comedies. Nonetheless, genuinely amusing flicks like ‘Hera Pheri’ (2000), ‘Lagey Raho Munnabhai’ (2006) and ‘Andaz Apna Apna’ (1994) are turning out to be more and more unusual – as directors are focusing more on such as slapstick conditions in their films. The ideal that we have gained in phrases of a respectable comedy film in recent moments is ‘Chashme Baddoor’ (2013), though the Ali Zafar-starrer was almost nothing truly excellent. Enable us in this article choose a seem at some of the most pathetic attempts at making Hindi comedy films in the write-up-2000 period:
- Daddy Awesome (2009) – With ‘Daddy Cool’, K. Murli Mohan Rao achieves the close to-unattainable job of transforming 2007’s sleeper strike ‘Death At A Funeral’ into an unfunny, overlong movie. Its star forged included either actors who have been nicely-past their market-by-day, like Suniel Shetty and Aftab Shivdasani – or those people whose professions by no means really bought off, like Aarti Chhabria, Ashish Chowdhury and Tulip Joshi. The complete farce about a useless physique remaining a lousy taste in the mouth – for the handful of men and women who ventured to look at ‘Daddy Cool’ at a theater.
- Rascals (2011) – Considerably like Ram Gopal Verma, David Dhawan is an additional filmmaker who has misplaced his mojo lots of several years again. If you require any affirmation for that, try out seeing ‘Rascals’ on television or DVD. It really is plain annoying to look at two senior (age-sensible and appears-smart!) actors like Sanjay Dutt and Ajay Devgn grappling for the attentions of a a great deal young Kangna Ranaut. A wooden Arjun Rampal played the purpose of the baddie in ‘Rascals’, which, understandably, sank without a trace.
- It can be Rocking… Dard-E-Disco (2012) – You may well or may possibly not be a Bappi Lahiri enthusiast, but you have to acknowledge that the ‘disco king of India’ deserved a greater tribute than this monstrosity. Sneha Ullal, the Aishwarya Rai clone who created her debut in ‘Lucky: No Time For Love’ (2005) proves yet once more that she has no performing competencies in anyway, when Akshay Kapoor engages himself in inexplicable antics in the movie. Bappi Lahiri himself has an prolonged cameo in the film – while why he agreed to it will eternally continue to be a secret. Look at the man’s tracks on Tv set, pay attention to them on new music-streaming cell applications, but stay clear of this film. Nothing’s rocking about it!
- Chatur Singh Two Star (2011) – Really don’t be misled by the name – this sorry justification of a comedy movie does not ought to have two (or any, for that make any difference) stars. Sanjay Dutt, with a hideous wig, essays the title character, with Ameesha Patel (whose occupation had commenced relocating downwards) as his lady enjoy. A steamy variety and a few of gags from Suresh Menon were not ready to conserve this film.
- Kambakkht Ishq (2009) – Akshay Kumar gave four clean hits in 2007, but his magic commenced to flounder soon later on. Sabbir Khan’s massively-hyped ‘Kambakkht Ishq’ was anticipated to revive Akki’s career – but it did just the reverse. With a central concept of a wristwatch getting accidentally planted in a patient’s stomach and which has the ‘Om Mangalam’ chant set as its alarm tone, the film was panned by typical cinegoers and critics alike. Kareena Kapoor performed her component in the nonsensical likely-ons, while Denise Richards and Sylvester Stallone had friendly appearances. We are just about absolutely sure that the final two experienced no notion how terrible the movie was shaping up to be!
- O Teri (2014) – Really recent, and jaw-droppingly undesirable. Salman Khan and buddy Atul Agnihotri manufactured this film (the former even appeared for a track during the finish credits). Pulkit Samrat, who charmed everybody with 2013’s ‘Fukrey’, was paired with debutant Bilal Amrohi – and the two portrayed one particular of the worst bromances in the history of Hindi cinema. Sarah Jane Dias was miscast as the manager of a media property. Mandira ‘noodle strap’ Bedi had a part, but no one particular was intrigued to pay out massive bucks to view ‘O Teri’. Odds are high that you is not going to be equipped to sit by way of a tv re-operate of the movie either.
- God Tussi Terrific Ho (2008) – If you are a fan of Jim Carrey’s ‘Bruce Almighty’, watch it yet again or try out discovering a Hindi-dubbed version of the motion picture. You should not bother to test out ‘God Tussi Terrific Ho’ – Rumi Jaffrey’s uniformly howlarious retelling of that legendary film. Those were being the days when Salman Khan had not began accomplishing remakes of South Indian motion pictures, and this was between his rather very long listing of failures. Just one feels sorry for Priyanka Chopra however – the heroine of this buffoonery. Oh, and Amitabh Bachhan had a little bit position as God. What ‘Players’ did to ‘The Italian Job’, ‘God Tussi Good Ho’ did to ‘Bruce Almighty’ – significantly earlier.
- What is Your Raashee? (2009) – A masterclass from Piggy Chops this time (she essayed 12 distinctive roles!) was not enough to shore up this overlong borefest from Ashutosh Gowariker. Harman Baweja, who currently had an unsuccessful sci-fi movie (‘Love Story 2050’) and a sports film (‘Victory’) delivered yet a different dud with ‘What’s Your Raashee?’ His Gujarati boy-act was regrettably unconvincing, the screenplay was all around the location and whilst there were being a pair of pleasant music, it in no way lived up to its billing as a ‘social comedy’.
- No Trouble (2010) – If you come to feel that no director could mess up a film that experienced so several A-record actors (from Anil Kapoor and Akshaye Khanna, to Sushmita Sen, Kangna Ranaut and Bipasha Basu) – you would be underestimating the powers of Anees Bazmee. To make positive that the slew of big stars in the movie acquired sufficient monitor time, Bazmee most likely forgot the significance of having a coherent storyline way too. A hamming Suniel Shetty did not aid issues possibly.
- Buddha Mar Gaya (2007) – The ideal of comic actors from the preceding and the current generations starred in probably the worst motion picture on this record. Anupam Kher enacted the position of a lifeless overall body (if that tends to make any perception to you!), when normally reliable stars like Om Puri and Paresh Rawal pranced around the corpse in an totally senseless way. The idea that Kher’s character died when making an attempt to have some ‘under-the-sheets’ entertaining with Rakhi Sawant was basic repulsive. If you have a deep-seated hatred on somebody, you can look at gifting a DVD duplicate of ‘Buddha Mar Gaya’ to him/her!
- Shortkut: The Con Is On (2009) – Neeraj Vora tasted box-office environment achievements with ‘Phir Hera Pheri’ (2006), and that likely gave him the confidence to appear up with this bland fare 3 a long time afterwards. The tries at humor by Arshad Warsi and Akshaye Khanna ended up crude, and Amrita Rao’s considerably-publicized glamorous avatar uncovered following to no appreciation. The inane dialogs additional to the irritability of the presently convoluted plot. The only exciting issue about the film was the way in which the makers experienced performed all over with the word ‘Shortcut’ in its title.
- Pyar Unattainable (2010) – For an actress of her calibre, Priyanka Chopra has shipped an wonderful amount of unwatchable duds. In ‘Pyar Impossible’ – she paired up with Uday Chopra, whose sole assert to fame in the final 10 years and a 50 % has been the sidekick-job in the ‘Dhoom’ franchise. The motion picture experimented with, and abysmally unsuccessful, to seize the fresh new intimate truly feel of ‘Notting Hill’ (1999). Director Jugal Hansraj had a miserable acting job, and with ‘Pyar Impossible’, he proved that filmmaking techniques were not his forte possibly.
- Pyare Mohan (2006) – It launched just right before ‘Tom Dick and Harry’ – and equally the movies poked enjoyable at handicapped people in the title of comedy. Nevertheless, the latter at the very least had Himesh Reshammiya’s chartbusters likely for it, though the Fardeen Khan-Viveik Oberoi starrer arrived up brief on that rely way too. Laughs ended up scarce through the film, it is hardly ever aired on tv, and the two major ladies (Amrita Rao and Esha Deol) have achieved useless-ends in their respective acting occupations. We are not amazed!
- Bin Bulaye Baraati (2011) – In his very first few of movies, Aftab Shivdasani appeared sweet. Then, he begun putting on fat, his acting prowess deteriorated remarkably, and he fell out of favor with 1-time mentor Ram Gopal Verma. ‘Bin Bulaye Baraati’ provides Aftab in the most pathetic general performance of his full (albeit temporary!) occupation. Providing him business in this completely rotten motion picture were RGV’s previous muse Priyanka/Nisha Kothari, Rajpal Yadav, Gulshan Grover and Shakti Kapoor. Shweta Tiwari’s raunchy merchandise number additional a dollop of vulgarity in this already doomed film.
- Tees Maar Khan (2010) – Farah Khan fell out with most effective buddy Shah Rukh Khan when the latter (sensibly) opted out of this movie, and Akshay Kumar was picked as his replacement. A quite successful audio album, with Katrina Kaif’s moves in the ‘Sheila Ki Jawaani’ observe as the spotlight, gave the movie a good volume of pre-release hoopla. Then, the film introduced, and persons found how outrageous the plot was (robbing a treasure-laden educate by fooling an whole village, in case you were questioning) and gave it a unanimous thumbs-down. Akshaye Khanna’s filmstar act did evoke a couple of chuckles – but that was it. Farah patched up with Shah Rukh later – and with any luck , her foreseeable future movies will be fulfilling all over again.
- Housefull 2 (2012) – If sis Farah can feature on this record, can bro Sajid be much guiding? Certainly not! The latter experienced not won more than critics with ‘Heyy Baby’ and ‘Housefull’ – and he manufactured it a hat-trick of badly crafted comedies with ‘Housefull 2’. The motion picture experienced a good deal of star electrical power, from Akshay Kumar and Asin, to Riteish Deshmukh, Mithun Chakraborty and Boman Irani. The tale of mistaken identities – in ‘Housefull 2’, all the 3 guide actors pose as ‘Jolly’ was performed-to-demise while, and viewers had been still left as confused as the other men and women onscreen. Old-timers Rishi and Randhir Kapoor pitched in with matching negative performances, and someone ought to have instructed Sajid to not cast John Abraham in a comedian function. The motion picture was a substantial winner at the box-workplace nevertheless, but destiny at last caught up with Sajid Khan with his future launch.
Govinda, the king of Bollywood comedies in the late ’90s, experimented with his luck with ‘Chal Chalein’ (2009) and ‘Do Knot Disturb’ (2009) – both of those of which had been equally cringeworthy. The recent South remakes that Salman Khan has starred in have not wowed critics, but ‘Ready’ (2011) can be singled out as the most shockingly lousy endeavor at earning a entertaining film. Rohit Shetty’s ‘Golmaal’ sequence may possibly not be National Award-profitable substance, but it would seem like an complete masterpiece in comparison with these movies.
If you have not viewed any of the above films, you are a fortunate individual!